It is the only card of its kind. The card is now worth at least 10 times what it sold for, according to the New York Times. A 1916 Babe Ruth rookie baseball card, left, that sold for $2.46 million and a Babe Ruth game-used bat at Mile High Card Company in Castle Rock on Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021.
How much is a Babe Ruth rookie baseball card?
A 1916 Sporting News Babe Ruth rookie card sold for $1,452,000, a record for a PSA 6 version of the card. One of the finest known surviving examples (PSA 5) of a gray tint 1925 Exhibit Supply Co. rookie card of Lou Gehrig was purchased for $1,032,000, a record for the card in that grade.
What are the top 10 baseball cards that are worth money?
Top 10 Baseball Cards Worth Money Of All Time
- T206 White Border Honus Wagner.
- Topps #311 Mickey Mantle.
- M101-5 and M101-4 Sporting News Babe Ruth Rookie Card.
- T206 Ty Cobb Tobacco (Ty Cobb Back)
- Baltimore News #9 Babe Ruth Pre Rookie Card.
- T206 White Border Eddie Plank.
- Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card.
How many Babe Ruth baseball cards are there?
Babe Ruth’s 1914 Baltimore News card has long been a coveted item among collectors not only for the point in Ruth’s career it represents, but also the sheer rarity of it: Fewer than 10 cards are known to be in existence, with the last one known to be sold having sold for $450,300 at an auction in 2013.
How much is a 1933 Babe Ruth card worth?
Value of Babe Ruth Goudey Cards
|Card||PSA 1 (PR) Value||Total PSA Population|
|1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #53||$1100-$1200||784|
|1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144||$800-$1000||1096|
|1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #149||$900-$1100||816|
|1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #181||$700-$1000||937|
How rare is the Babe Ruth card?
The card lists Ruth only as a pitcher. He received only 10 plate appearances as a hitter with the Boston Red Sox later that season. The card is rare. Fewer than 10 are known to exist.
How much is a black and white Babe Ruth baseball card worth?
Babe Ruth’s 1914 Baltimore card, valued at $6 million, sells for record price — now you can own part of it. Babe Ruth’s 1914 Baltimore News sports card shows The Bambino as a 19-year-old minor league pitcher and is valued at roughly $6 million.
What is the rarest rookie card?
A PSA 9 1955 Topps Koufax rookie card sold for $215,100 in August 2016. As of August 2018, there have been three 1955 Topps Koufax cards graded a PSA 10.
Where can I sell valuable baseball cards?
Best places to sell baseball cards
- eBay. EBay is one of the oldest online marketplaces that is still in operation today.
- Just Collect.
- Dean’s Cards.
- COMC (Check Out My Collectibles)
What baseball cards are hot right now?
21 Sports Cards and Trading Cards That Helped Shape the Hobby in 2021
- 10 comments.
- 2020-21 Panini National Treasures LaMelo Ball RC Auto Patch #130 /99.
- 2020 Topps Chrome Formula 1 Lewis Hamilton #1.
- 2020 Panini National Treasures Justin Herbert RC Auto Patch #138 /99.
- 2021 Absolute Kaboom Mac Jones #K44.
How much is a 1914 Babe Ruth?
According to Jabari Young of CNBC, a Ruth card from 1914 that was the first to depict the legendary player is worth approximately $6 million and recently sold to a private buyer. While the final price was not disclosed, it sold for more than the previous record of $5.2 million.
What baseball cards from the 80’s and 90’s are worth money?
Most Valuable Baseball Cards of the 80’s and 90’s: Our Favorites
- 1987 Donruss Barry Bonds Error (Check Price)
- 1993 Finest Refractor Ken Griffey (Check Price)
- 1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name (Check Price)
- 1988 Craig Biggio (Check Price)
- 1993 SP FOIL Derek Jeter (Check Price)
- 1985 Topps Mark McGwire (Check Price)
Are Babe Ruth cards good investments?
Ruth’s 1933 Goudey cards (despite the significant price increases) remain one of the best longer-term investments for vintage collectors. The four cards are not cheap by any means, but if you have the funding, Ruth’s Goudey cards should continue to appreciate over the next several years.
What is a Barry Bonds rookie card worth?
The card’s design with its huge, bright yellow “Pirates” lettering across the top is instantly recognizable, as is the striped Pirates hat that Bonds was wearing. Aesthetically, it’s one of his best rookie cards, and in top condition, the Tiffany version can easily be worth around $10,000.
How many 1933 Babe Ruth cards are there?
An extensive baseball card collection of over 1,000 cards from Dr. Thomas Newman that includes a rare 1933 Babe Ruth card will go to auction on June 12 through Memory Lane Inc. The 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth card has a PSA grade of Mint 9, the only card of that version on record with a grade that high.
How much is a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card worth?
The price for this particular rookie card tops the record set in late August when a 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite Rookie Patch autograph, graded BGS 9, sold for just over $2 million, according to Sports Collectors Daily. For the second time in three months, a 1952 Topps card of Mantle sold for more than $2 million.
How can you tell a real Babe Ruth baseball card?
The bottom red box on the #149 Ruth. The left hand side of the box actually overlaps into the white border as does the right hand side. The box alignment is good, but you can just see those little wrinkles all over the card as a sure sign that this card was soaked in something to age it artificially.
What baseball cards are worth money 2021?
What baseball cards are worth money 2021?
- 2021 Topps #26 Bobby Dalbec Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #143 Ryan Mountcastle Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #285 Dylan Carlson Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #150 Shohei Ohtani.
- 2021 Topps Fernando Tatis Jr.
- 2021 Topps #27 Mike Trout.
- 2021 Topps #43 Jo Adell Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #187 Christian Pache Rookie Card.
What brand of baseball cards are worth the most?
If you think of your favorite player, their most valuable card is most likely from Topps. If you think of your dad’s favorite player, their most valuable card is most likely from Topps. Topps was first introduced with its series of red and blue backs all the way back in 1951, and acquired Bowman in 1955.
What is the most sought after sports card?
1. Honus Wagner 1909-11 Baseball Card – $2.8 million. Considered the Holy Grail of sports cards, the Honus Wagner T206 tobacco card is the most valuable ever, selling at $2.8 million. Honus Wagner was a great baseball player and coach, and is viewed by historians as one of the true greats of the sport.
How do I know if my baseball cards are worth money?
How to Look Up the Value of Baseball Cards
Are 90s baseball cards worth anything?
Sports card values from the late 1980s and early 1990s are pretty much worthless, with some notable exceptions.
How do I find value of baseball cards?
I’ll show you how to look up your baseball card values using Mavin. Get real market prices… see what your cards ACTUALLY sell for. We’re going to be using Mavin.io to look up baseball card values….Baseball Card Values – Free Price Guide
- Enter the year.
- Enter the brand.
- Enter the player’s name.
- Enter the card number.