In 1952, Topps debut its very first baseball cards and they are among the hobby’s most valuable pieces. The rarest Topps cards are worth hundreds, even millions of dollars today and this list contains some of the rarest/most valuable Topps baseball cards ever.
What year Topps cards are worth money?
Iconic card: 1952 Topps #311, which sold for $5.2 million in 2021. It may be the most legendary trading card in sports, and it’s not even Mantle’s rookie card. That honor goes to his 1951 Bowman card. But the 1952 Topps Mantle has one thing that card doesn’t: A fabulous backstory.
Which 2021 Topps baseball cards are worth money?
Which 2021 Topps baseball cards are worth money?
- 2021 Topps #26 Bobby Dalbec Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #143 Ryan Mountcastle Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #285 Dylan Carlson Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #150 Shohei Ohtani.
- 2021 Topps Fernando Tatis Jr.
- 2021 Topps #27 Mike Trout.
- 2021 Topps #43 Jo Adell Rookie Card.
- 2021 Topps #187 Christian Pache Rookie Card.
Are 1980s baseball cards worth anything?
Many collectors point to the 1984 Donruss set as a turning point in the overall look of the hobby: Donruss effectively turned little pieces of cardboard into miniature art. This card is a must-have and is worth about $50 (PSA 9) with ones in PSA 10 pegged at $600.
How much is a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card worth?
The price for this particular rookie card tops the record set in late August when a 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite Rookie Patch autograph, graded BGS 9, sold for just over $2 million, according to Sports Collectors Daily. For the second time in three months, a 1952 Topps card of Mantle sold for more than $2 million.
Why are rookie cards so valuable?
Rookie cards are worth more than other cards of the same player because they were historically scarcer and harder to come by in top condition than cards issued later in a player’s career.
What newer baseball cards are worth money?
25 Baseball Cards That Are Now Worth a Fortune
- 1909-11 Honus Wagner T206 The Jumbo Wagner.
- 1909-11 Ty Cobb Tobacco T-206 Ty Cobb Back.
- 2009 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome Draft Red Refractor Autograph /5.
- 1969 Reggie Jackson Topps RC #260 Dmitri Young Collection.
Are 90s baseball cards worth anything?
Sports card values from the late 1980s and early 1990s are pretty much worthless, with some notable exceptions.
Is there an app for pricing baseball cards?
CollX (pronounced “collects”) is the fastest way to figure out what your cards are worth. Snap photos of them and instantly get the current market price. Add them to your collection and track your overall portfolio value.
How do I know if my sports cards are worth money?
Identifying the Most Valuable Sports Cards
- Quickly Examine the Condition of the Cards. Nick Tylwalk.
- Check the Age of the Cards. Nick Tylwalk.
- Look for Recent Autographs. Nick Tylwalk.
- Look for Older or Multi-Color Memorabilia Cards. Nick Tylwalk.
- Locate Possible Rookie Cards.
- Find Any Cards With Low Print Runs.
- of 07.
What baseball cards are the most valuable?
These are the most valuable baseball cards of all time.
- 1932 U.S. Caramel Babe Ruth (Tie)
- 1948 Leaf Satchel Paige (Tie)
- 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb (Tie)
- 1952 Topps Willie Mays (Tie)
- 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente (Tie)
- 1909 T206 Ty Cobb (Bat Off Shoulder)
- 1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth.
- 1910 T210 Old Mill Joe Jackson.
Do rookie cards increase in value?
Rookie cards usually hold the most value and yield the highest returns. It is the first printed card for a specific player. First and second-year cards can also have value because rookie cards may become very costly.
What baseball cards are collectors looking for?
Top 10 Baseball Cards Worth Money Of All Time
- T206 White Border Honus Wagner.
- Topps #311 Mickey Mantle.
- M101-5 and M101-4 Sporting News Babe Ruth Rookie Card.
- T206 Ty Cobb Tobacco (Ty Cobb Back)
- Baltimore News #9 Babe Ruth Pre Rookie Card.
- T206 White Border Eddie Plank.
- Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card.
What rookie baseball cards are worth money 2021?
Hottest Baseball Rookie Cards 2021: MLB Debuts
- Alex Kirilloff (Check Price)
- Ke’Bryan Hayes (Check Price)
- Randy Arozarena (Check Price)
- Dylan Carlson (Check Price)
- Jarred Kelenic (Check Price)
- 2020 Topps Chrome Luis Robert (Check Price)
- 2020 Topps Chrom Kyle Lewis (Check Price)
- Jesús Luzardo (Check Price)
How much is Jose Canseco’s rookie card worth?
Estimated PSA 10 Value: $150
Arguably Canseco’s most recognizable rookie card, the 1986 Donruss Rated Rookie continues to be one of the most sought after cards of the era. A headshot of Canseco dominates the front of the card and is surrounded by those unmistakable striped borders.
Are Barry Bonds cards worth anything?
This card with its blue bordering, bright yellow nameplate down below and image of Bonds in the batting cage has a lot going for it. In top condition they can be worth just under $100.
What baseball cards from 1989 are worth money?
25 Most Valuable 1989 Topps Baseball Cards
- 1989 Topps Traded #41T Ken Griffey Jr.
- 1989 Topps #647 Randy Johnson Rookie Card.
- 1989 Topps Traded #110T Deion Sanders.
- 1989 Topps Traded #57T Randy Johnson.
- 1989 Topps #343 Gary Sheffield Future Star.
- 1989 Topps #530 Nolan Ryan.
- 1989 Topps #380 Rickey Henderson.
How much is Babe Ruth card worth?
Babe Ruth’s 1914 Baltimore News sports card shows The Bambino as a 19-year-old minor league pitcher and is valued at roughly $6 million. The card will be made available via a unique IPO through Collectable, a stock-marketlike investing platform.
How much is a Willie Mays rookie card worth?
1952 Topps Willie Mays Sells for $478,000 at Heritage Auctions.
Why is 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle so valuable?
1952 Topps cards are highly valuable because they are the first annual set the company produced. Thousands of the cards were dumped into the Hudson River in 1960 due to overproduction. The Topps Mantle card has a PSA grade of 9 out of 10 and is believed to be one of just six PSA 9’s of that card still in existence.
Are Shaq rookie cards worth anything?
Recent sale: $3,500. Shaquille O’Neal’s rookie value is very high, as evidenced by this list, and this card tops it at $3,499. This PSA 10 card is one of the 53 cards with that grade in the 382-card population.
What is the rarest rookie card?
The 10 Most Expensive Baseball Cards in the World
- Roberto Clemente, 1955 Topps. Cost: $478,000.
- Willie Mays, 1952 Topps.
- Babe Ruth, 1914 Baltimore News.
- Mickey Mantle, 1951 Bowman.
- Nolan Ryan/Jerry Koosman, 1968 Topps.
- “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, 1909 American Caramel.
- Pete Rose, 1963 Topps.
- Babe Ruth, 1916 Sporting News.
How much is my Bo Jackson card worth?
Bo Jackson Baseball Trading Card Values
|1986 Donruss Highlights #43 Bo Jackson||$3.03|
|1988 Topps Big #49 Bo Jackson||$0.23|
|1988 Topps Stickers #258 Bo Jackson||$0.26|
|1988 Topps Tiffany #750 Bo Jackson||$6.53|
|1989 Bowman #126 Bo Jackson||$0.27|
What are Mickey Mantle baseball cards worth?
There are 3 Mickey Mantle cards with PSA 10 quality, and they’re worth at least $10 million. They’re almost as priceless as art pieces, so the owners aren’t willing to give these cards away.
What baseball cards are worth selling?
The Most Expensive Baseball Cards Ever Sold
|Card||Card No.||Auction Price|
|1915-16 Sporting News M101-5 Babe Ruth||151||$717,000|
|1909 American Caramel E90-1 Joe Jackson||–||$667,189|
|1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle||253||$588,000|
|1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth||151||$575,000|
What baseball cards from the 2000’s are worth money?
Let’s say you did some baseball card collecting during the 2000s, and now you’re revisiting your old collection and wondering if anything you have is valuable. We’ve got you covered!…Off we go!
- 2001 Topps Chrome #596 Albert Pujols.
- 2000 Topps Chrome Traded #T40 Miguel Cabrera.
- 2001 Topps Chrome Traded #T266 Ichiro Suzuki.
How much is a Ken Griffey Jr baseball card worth?
What’s The Most Valuable Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie Card. Ken Griffey Jr’s most valuable rookie card is his 1989 Bowman Tiffany card in a PSA 10 grade. The card now sells for near $14,000.
Are baseball cards a good investment?
You can invest in them only if you desire to gain some advantage in the future. There is no scheme for the present, but an opportunity for the future. The value of the majority of baseball cards will increase in a few years. It’s more like a fun hobby that can provide you with a chance to monetize.
Are Nolan Ryan cards worth anything?
Out of over 4,700 cards submitted for grading, only 10 were ever PSA 10’s. Rarity this high rightfully commands high price tags, with the most expensive 1976 Topps Nolan Ryan card being sold for $17,517 in 2021.