9 of the Most Valuable Baseball Cards in History
- Honus Wagner | Card Sold For: $6,606,000.
- Mickey Mantle | Card Sold For: $5.2 Million.
- Babe Ruth | Card Sold For: $4,212,000.
- 9 Unexpected Things Navy SEALs Discovered in Osama bin Laden’s Compound.
- Mike Trout | Card Sold For: $3.9 Million.
- Nolan Ryan | Card Sold For: $600,000.
Where can I buy old baseball cards online?
eBay. The oldest and biggest online marketplace and auction site is a great place to start your search for whatever it is you’re looking for in terms of baseball cards, other sports cards, and sports memorabilia of all kinds.
What baseball cards from the 60’s are worth money?
Most Valuable Baseball Cards from the 1960’s
- #1. 1963 Topps Pete Rose Rookie Card #537.
- #2. 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson Rookie Card #260.
- #3. 1967 Topps Rod Carew Rookie Card #569.
- #4. 1960 Topps Carl Yastremski Rookie Card #148.
- #5. 1965 Topps Steve Carlton Rookie Card #477.
- #6. 1962 Lou Brock Rookie Card #387.
How much do old baseball cards sell for?
The Most Expensive Baseball Cards Ever Sold
|Card||Card No.||Auction Price|
|1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle||253||$588,000|
|1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth||151||$575,000|
|1955 Topps Roberto Clemente||184||$478,000|
|1909-11 T206 Ty Cobb||–||$450,000|
What baseball cards from the 80’s and 90’s are worth money?
Most Valuable Baseball Cards of the 80’s and 90’s: Our Favorites
- 1987 Donruss Barry Bonds Error (Check Price)
- 1993 Finest Refractor Ken Griffey (Check Price)
- 1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name (Check Price)
- 1988 Craig Biggio (Check Price)
- 1993 SP FOIL Derek Jeter (Check Price)
- 1985 Topps Mark McGwire (Check Price)
What 1970s baseball cards are worth the most?
10 Most Valuable 1970 Topps Baseball Cards
- 1970 Topps #464 Johnny Bench All-Star.
- 1970 Topps #458 Pete Rose All-Star.
- 1970 Topps #712 Nolan Ryan.
- 1970 Topps #459 Reggie Jackson All-Star.
- 1970 Topps #462 Hank Aaron All-Star.
- 1970 Topps #189 Thurman Munson Rookie Card.
- 1970 Topps #350 Roberto Clemente.
How can I get free baseball cards?
Ways to Get Free Baseball Cards
- No Purchase Necessary. Now stop right there.
- Craigslist Free Items (and any Forum, Really) Now, this is an obvious one, and as a result, also one method you can’t count on to be very fruitful.
- Friends & Family.
- Via Trade.
How old is a vintage baseball card?
While many define an antique to be 100 years older or more, the ‘vintage’ definition is a lot more vague. Some cite items as little as 20 years ago as technically being vintage. Others say it has to be older, like 30, 40, or 50 years.
How much is Ty Cobb baseball card worth?
Estimated PSA 9 Mint Value: $280,000
The “Bat Off Shoulder” is the only T206 Ty Cobb card to date that has achieved the lofty PSA 9 Mint status. Hence, the huge price estimate of nearly $300,000 for a mint condition specimen.
How much is a Pete Rose rookie card worth?
How Much Is An Autographed Pete Rose Rookie Card Worth? On average, autographed Pete Rose rookie cards sell for about a 20% premium to the regular base 1963 Topps card. Recent sales have shown lower graded signed copies selling for over $1200, up over $5000 for mid-grade cards with a clean auto.
How much did a pack of baseball cards cost in 1960?
1960 Topps nickel pack box and packs. Back of 1960 Topps rack pack. Rack packs, which actually contained three 12-card cello packs, sold for 29 cents.
What baseball cards from the 1980s are worth money?
(Disclaimer: We use Amazon affiliate links).
- 1 – Rickey Henderson Rookie Card (1980 Topps – Card #482), $27,500.
- 2 – Nolan Ryan (1980 Topps – Card #580), $2,000.
- 3 – Cal Ripken Jr.
- 4 – Cal Ripken Jr.
- 5 – Don Mattingly Rookie Card (1984 Donruss – Card #248), $600. (Photo: Amazon.com)
Are 90’s baseball cards worth anything?
Sports card values from the late 1980s and early 1990s are pretty much worthless, with some notable exceptions.
What baseball cards are hot right now?
21 Sports Cards and Trading Cards That Helped Shape the Hobby in 2021
- 2020 Topps Now USA Election Bernie Sanders #21.
- 2020-21 Hoops SLAM Kobe Bryant #19.
- 2021 Topps Update Ultra Rare Variations Fernando Tatis Jr.
- 2021 Topps Now Baseball Wander Franco #402.
- 2019-20 Upper Deck The Cup Cale Makar Auto Patch #62 /99.
Are baseball card values going up?
The hobby became massively popular during the COVID-19 pandemic. In February 2021, eBay reported that sports card sales in 2020 increased on the site by 142 percent over 2019, with more than 4 million cards sold.
Are Bo Jackson cards worth anything?
Some are worth thousands of dollars.
Jackson was extremely popular with kids of that era and now those kids are grown adults with money looking to satisfy their nostalgic collecting needs. That’s why some of Jackson’s cards can be worth so much.
What baseball cards are worth saving?
25 Baseball Cards That Are Now Worth a Fortune
- 1909-11 Honus Wagner T206 The Jumbo Wagner.
- 1909-11 Ty Cobb Tobacco T-206 Ty Cobb Back.
- 2009 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome Draft Red Refractor Autograph /5.
- 4 Ways to Become a Millionaire.
- 1969 Reggie Jackson Topps RC #260 Dmitri Young Collection.
What are the best baseball cards to invest in?
Best Baseball Cards To Invest In 2022
- #1. 2019 Wander Franco Bowman Chrome RC #BCP100 (SHOP NOW)
- #2. 2018 Luis Robert Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP21 (SHOP NOW)
- #3. 2011 Mike Trout Topps Update Rookie Card #US175 (SHOP NOW)
- #4. 2017 Ronald Acuna Jr.
- #5. 2011 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome Draft RC #101 (SHOP NOW)
Are any 1984 Topps baseball cards worth anything?
Easily one of the most iconic baseball cards of the 1980s, the Don Mattingly rookie card is the clear headliner of the 1984 Topps set. The same design of this card also appeared in the Nestle and O-Pee-Chee sets that year and all three cards are worth around $250-300 in top grade.
Are vintage baseball cards a good investment?
Vintage cards can have good value because you already know about the player’s success. There are different grading companies, and who graded the card can affect the value. Cards receive a grade of 1-10. Currently, the most respected and valued grader is PSA, so cards graded by them may have a higher worth.
What are 1976 Topps baseball cards worth?
SportsCardsPro Index: 1976 Topps
|Hank Aaron #1||$3.45||$306.18|
|George Brett #19||$5.00||$365.48|
|Reggie Jackson #500||$3.23||$10,500.00|
|Pete Rose #240||$11.61||$774.73|
What day is baseball card day?
For 2021, Topps National Baseball Card Day promotion was August 7th. On that day, participating Hobby shops will be giving away special five-card NBCD packs.
What day is National Baseball Card Day?
Scheduled for Saturday, August 6, collectors can visit participating hobby shops and have their choice of a pack of special MLB, UEFA Champions League, Star Wars or Garbage Pail Kids cards. A couple of additional baseball cards will also be available for those who make a qualifying purchase.
What day is National Card Day?
National Card Playing Day on December 28th encourages us to invite our friends to deal out a hand and play a game or two. In the 9th century, the Chinese began developing games using money and other paper objects.
How much is a Topps Rickey Henderson rookie card worth?
How Much Is A Rickey Henderson Rookie Card Worth? Rickey Henderson’s official rookie card is his 1980 Topps #482 card. A gem mint copy of the card (PSA 10) is worth on average between $100,000 to $150,000.
How can I get my cards graded for cheap?
At this point, CGC is going to be the cheapest (&
quickest) grading option for your cards. They charge $8 per card at a 50-card minimum. They have a 60 day turnaround.
What baseball cards should be graded?
The Answer. You should ONLY get your cards graded IF it will increase the value or make the sale of the card(s) easier. You should NOT get your card graded just because you THINK it will improve the value.
What is a Barry Bonds rookie card worth?
The card’s design with its huge, bright yellow “Pirates” lettering across the top is instantly recognizable, as is the striped Pirates hat that Bonds was wearing. Aesthetically, it’s one of his best rookie cards, and in top condition, the Tiffany version can easily be worth around $10,000.
How much is Babe Ruth card worth?
Babe Ruth card sells for $4.2M as Newman Collection tops $21.5M in Memory Lane Auction. Memory Lane officials predicted the Thomas Newman Collection would sell for more than $20 million. The company was spot-an as one of the most extensive sports card and memorabilia collections in the country sold for $21.5 million.
How much is a Joe Jackson baseball card worth?
A Shoeless Joe Jackson baseball card from a 1910 series called T210 Old Mill has sold at auction for $492,000.
How do I find out how much my old baseball cards are worth?
I’ll show you how to look up your baseball card values using Mavin. Get real market prices… see what your cards ACTUALLY sell for. We’re going to be using Mavin.io to look up baseball card values….Grab your card and enter these details:
- Enter the year.
- Enter the brand.
- Enter the player’s name.
- Enter the card number.
How do you know what baseball cards are worth money?
Normally, the older a baseball card is the more likely it will have higher value. There are many exceptions to this rule, too many to list, but in general this is true. For example, common 1909 T206 cards are worth something while many common cards printed in the 1980’s are not.
What baseball cards are worth money from the 80s?
Best of the Boom: the 10 Most Valuable 1980s Baseball Cards
- 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson Rookie Card (#482)
- 1980 Topps Nolan Ryan (#580)
- 1982 Topps Cal Ripken Jr.
- 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken Jr.
- 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly Rookie Card (#248)
- 1984 Fleer Update Roger Clemens Rookie Card (#U-27)
What baseball cards are worth money from the 90’s?
20 Most Valuable 1990 Topps Baseball Cards
- 1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas Rookie Card (No Name On Front)
- 1990 Topps USA#1 George Bush.
- 1990 Topps #336 Ken Griffey Jr.
- 1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas Rookie Card.
- 1990 Topps #690 Mark McGwire.
- 1990 Topps #692 Sammy Sosa Rookie Card.
- 1990 Topps #757 Larry Walker Rookie Card.